Sunday, May 1, 2016

Blog #10

Blog #10:
Throughout the project, I have had to put my creativity to the test. I'm generally the type of person who likes to do the traditional type of school work. This project took me out of my comfort zone and forced me to think outside the box. Many times I kept wanting to present my research as a generic presentation on a trifold, instead I thought about how my presentation would differ from others and decided to have the audience interact with my project. From there it started to go off, and it soon lead to what it is today.

Overall, this project has given me a multitude of personal, social, and intellectual things that will aid me in the future if I need to do another project similar to this one. Personally, I learned that sometimes thinking outside the box will allow you to take your work to a whole other level. By not doing the generic presentation that has been done a million times, we could instead leave a significant impression the audiences view of our presentation. Socially, I learned that taking people's advice and criticism is sometimes hard because you think that what you're doing is the "best" way to do it, but in the end their opinions are still the audiences and people are never perfect. By taking their opinions into account I was able to improve my project in ways in which it was lacking. Intellectually, I learned that first-aid is almost essential because you, family, or friends might think "oh, that would never happen to me." when in reality, it could happen anytime to anyone. By being prepared, you can potentially save a life.

As the project progressed from its early stages, I had difficulty finding a way to present the information in a creative medium. I didn't have a single clue on what I was going to do from when I finished researching. I pondered on what to do whenever I had the chance at home, during class, eating. It was only several weeks ago until I found out how I was going to do it. When I actually figured out what I was going to do, another problem sufficed. How was the story going to play out? This question was what I kept asking myself as I was creating the story. These were the real challenges for me because I had to step out of my comfort zone as stated before and think of how my presentation would be different from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment